Saturday 2 July 2016

Quest for the Set days 5 and 6 (Plus life stuff)

 Have been spent training my combat as well as agility but I've not yet met the required level of the latter to enter the GWD. The more days pass the more I lose interest in exclusively levelling the skills necessary for retrieving my armor set and I expect to increase the spans of time a post will be dedicated to this "quest" to three days.

That out of the way, I promised I'll tie up some of the loose ends of this blog - AKA some stuff I've mentioned in this blog for a while that I've not looked back on that people might show some interest for.

 Firstly, I don't play EU4 that much anymore (Though I'd like to crank up a GroßSpania campaign and play it thoroughly were there a thousand hours in a day I could waste on my frivolities*) - Runescape's taking up most of my time now. You'll see me post some campaign picks if I pick up playing it again, however.

 I've mentioned a contest organized by a youtube channel I watch where the participants had to come up with backstories for four out of five random symbols and submit them before a date which was last month. When I got myself to take another look at the signs I saw that there wasn't really any common element to them that would help me make a backstory for them, and being the guy of least resistance I gave up. I've also ceased to bother about writing a short story for that "The Bard" magazine indefinitely as I've decided it would be a wiser choice to get better at English up until the point I can confidently read a novel cover to cover without feeling like I should google a word just to make sure I know when to use it or what it means.

 The kitten mom's adopted is doing fine. He's grown up and not dropped the habit of biting and scratching, but he's becoming more capable of surviving on his own and mom has started leaving him wander the house's garden and checks on him periodically to see if he wants to return.

 My weeaboo acquiantance was pretty disappointed at me for not going on the school trip, but he wasn't angry. He told me he'd forgive me if I finished watching an anime he's recommended me for a while (Evangelion**, to be more exact) before the school year ends. I'm still short of the movie and two episodes to finishing it. Worst's come to worst and he's decided that he is going to switch schools and I can't really blame him, I'd also like to switch to a liberal arts highschool*.

 But that takes work.

 And I think that was all that needed to be "wrapped up" for this summer. An interesting occurrence I'd like to post is when three (more accurately four, since I'm also writing this post past midnight) days ago I went on a walk through the city centre and ended up meeting with my form teacher - Whom which I exchanged a few awkward answers to her questions on if I'm doing well - but also had a person that claimed to have been just released out of prison ask me for some money to help him get home.

 And this is what I'd like to elaborate on. Not to be rude, but the guy did seem like an ex-prisoner, and he offered to show me his ID if I suspected him of being a beggar that was only using that story as a pretext. I only had 4 slavbux left on me and I gave them to him, and he seemed sincerely glad about it and thanked me.

 Now, reading some previous entries one can guess I'm pretty hostile towards people I deem as "Unempathetic, unintelligent and aggressive" - And if one were to make a risky leap of logic s/he could assume I'm not the most empathetic person towards inmates. While that was/used to be true to an extent I was aware that some people have to resort to crime due to circumstances out of their control. But until that event brought the latter factor into attention I didn't take it into consideration much - Afterwards, this got me thinking about whether I'm favoring the right approach to criminals. Criminals coming out of prison dispossessed - Such as the person I had the encounter with - often have no choice but to continue committing crimes to sustain themselves. I acknowledged this before, but again, didn't take it much into consideration. Now I'm certainly questioning my lines of thought in the treatment of criminals and this has pushed me further into the rehabilitative side of the rehabilitative-punitive spectrum. I don't care what that man did, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that the money went to helping him turn his life around. And I can rest assured knowing that by helping that man out with what I had on myself I've had better intentions than that of over half the corrupt political class of this nation.

We getting populist in here.

 I wanted to end this post with the passing thought that since a few days ago I've practically been friendless for over a year. The weaboo acquaintance doesn't count because past chatting a bit in breaks there wasn't that much of a social connection between us two.

 I guess a change in theme song is due.

 

___

 * - I've heard alien entrepreneurs are organizing summer trips to planets where the day lasts a thousand hours. Quite the hot deal - In all ways of the word.
 ** - Or Evangerion, as it rorrs on the rips of those living in grorious Nippon.
 *** - We're talking the liberal arts thaught in Eastern Europe, which albeit are taught as poorly by state education as one'd think, it's better than the quasi-marxist stuff that seems to be taught in the West.

No comments:

Post a Comment