Wednesday 21 December 2016

Return of the meme

 This blog post will regard three things: My adapter breaking, which resulted in my silence on this blog, gay birds and my epic prank shaeningans.

 I thought that come hell and high water I wouldn't halt my plans to sacrifice 400 dragon bones a day to progress my prayer in Runescape, but my adapter disagreed. It was a faulty device the moment I plugged it in but it did it's intended use well enough - with periodical disconnects - up until three days ago when the disconnects got more frequent and, irritated, I decided to waggle the USB cable within the device like a retard because that has actually shown to work other times. I displaced already bent metal connectors within the port and two days ago my mother took me to a store to buy a replacement.

 That was before I knew the distinction between an adapter and a router (I unironically had my parents buy Windows 10 - I'm really not knowledgeable about devices.) and on the way home, only after I unpackage the product I realize it's the wrong purchase and chaos ensues in the house with my parents still trying to check if it really does fulfill the purpose of adapting wi-fi, which in turn somehow escalated into my father threatening to kill himself. I'm impatient to live on my own tbh.

 Well, my fault for not informing myself on my purchase (again), I'll own up to it. My parents don't want to sell it on a buyback programme and they won't accept selling it online so I have to keep a product I don't need. Now I have my internet.

 It was a dreary experience being parched of memes for an entire day.

 But I could finally access the internet, and I decided to get brought up to speed on what's happened in Runescape while I was away.  A new quest was released

 For a while I've been trying to model my character around Armadyl, one of the deities of the game, using a certain title besides my name and wearing a certain outfit I bought with spare change.
 


 It appears Jagex appears to have seen fit to make that god gay, and formerly married to two spouses, one expressly male and dead from age and the other killed by another deity. All this information didn't come to me simultaneously.


   "People must be memeing."


 "JAGEX FORCING IN THEIR PROGRESSIVE AGENDA AGAIN IT SEEMS HUH AM I RIGHT MEMERS???????"


 "Other anons are saying that the story writers have not introducted his sexuality artificially to tout their beliefs, maybe they're right"


 "It's been canon that the aviansie were tolerant of homosexuality..."


 "If I forgave Trump for worse on behalf of effecting change in the political scene I can forgive an imaginary bird god about his imaginary spouses on behalf of his intentions on behalf of him saving an imaginary world"


 "Jagex has a clean record when it comes to this, this isn't going to become the rule-

 Then I found out that aviansie "tolerance" of homosexuality actually means that they don't have the concept - Homosexuality is as natural occurence in their society as heterosexuality. They don't even subconsciously bat an eye to it. Which should be inspired by the behavior of certain real-life birds, but I'm not sure if that would be sustainable for an organized society.





 Closing notes because I urgently need to shower and sleep - I managed to ask two of my teachers if they'd miss me if I killed myself, as I'd set out to do before this week.

 My French teacher was somewhat atonished at this, and tried to give some words of encouragement and added that she thinks suicide is for cowards. My history teacher told me, to paraphrase, that that's a stupid idea and I should live my life. Not really as drastic as I imagined myself but I'll still be able to laugh at this in retrospect. Two teachers I'd have liked to interview on this did not attend the last class we'd have had with them this week for varying reasons so it looks like I'll have a small answer pool than originally expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment