Sunday 17 April 2016

It's over 2: The overing

 Turns out that suddenly I'm having my PC time reduced, though not completely.

 Apparently mom was in the mood for another schizotypal* fit of hers - She got angry at my little brother because his tablet's power outlet was broken (not by any fault of his own, but she refuses to believe that), and, as she always does, started yelling at me too and told me that from now on I'm not staying on my computer for more than 3 hours during school days. Then she goes into the usual threats (that she will no longer cook for us, etc.) and then leaves us alone. This basically means that I have way less time to update this blog, which is why it will drop in activity from now on.

 Also related to the subject - Today I googled how to take care of my own personal hygiene, and was actually ashamed to find out about all the things I was supposed to do and didn't. My parents didn't tell me that I should do any of that, either. At least I'm going to be clean from now on.

 I could go on and on about my parents - but I'd like it better if I did that in a specific megapost which should come up soon. I'm just going to end saying that it sounds like they're negligent, but believe me, I wish I had apathetic parents that would let me do everything in my rhythm. My parents are authoritarian in the most useless domain, and they give off the impression of negligence only because they neglect what's actually important for a kid my age. Worst of all is that they believe that what they're doing is the right thing.

 I'm just going to sum them up with the following C.S. Lewis quote:

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

 Needless to say, I'm not getting Stellaris anytime soon because of mom's recent fits.
___

 * - From what I've searched on the internet, this would appear to be her condition. I'll have to talk about this with my psychologist next time just to make sure this is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment