Wednesday 20 April 2016

What better way to start the day...

  ...than being late for school and ending up walking around the city for two hours because of it?

  Because of the way our "Alternate School" schedule is structured, school starts later than usual - Today by one hour, at 9:00. Knowing this, I remained in bed for what I thought was an acceptable period of time, until I hear my phone and get up to get it when I see that it's only ~15 minutes until I have to get to school. My mom was calling, who would normally be home to tell me when I should get ready for school, but for some stupid reason, today she was out shopping for food at a nearby supermarket. I brush my teeth and put on my clothes as usual, and don't hurry because I know I'm going to be late anyways.

  I leave the house and meet her on my way to the bus, and she gives me a chocolate she bought - which I didn't even eat because I'm trying to lose weight. I keep heading for the station until I get a text saying that everybody has to be at school by 9:20 when the class will be leaving for the French cultural center*. This extra time would've been enough for me to reach school in time had I not missed the bus I was supposed to take, thus delaying my arrival by a few crucial minutes, but you'll see later in this post that I don't really care about this whole incident.

 When I do reach school, I phone one of my colleagues to see where the class was, and he tells me the location, and I head there only to see that nobody's around. I phone the kid that sent me a message earlier, and he tells me what they're two zebra crossings away. I miss the green lights and have to wait for them, losing me a few more minutes. By now I'm just cluelessly going where I'd guess my class is, and phone the classmate I phoned first, but I can't hear a word of what he's saying even though my phone was at max volume.

 I try to find the building, and the next two times I try to phone the two classmates they don't respond, which makes me think they were already in the building and couldn't respond because the teacher might confiscate their phones.

 I give up and decide to go back to school, where I met a classmate which I presume was also late and that didn't even bother to try finding the location. I ask her if the class will be doing any activities other than watching an opera play in the evening after this, she says no, and I decide to walk around the city for two hours before going home so my mother won't grow suspicious about me skipping class**.

 Then I reach home, engage in some generic internet procrastination and write this post.

 This evening class is going to an opera play concerning something I haven't been able to make out save that it's about segments of Shakespeare's work. If this country's teachers' tastes are anything to go by, I'm betting my two cents that it can be summed up as "BEST VINE COMPILATION 1598 [GONE WRONG] [GONE SEXUAL]"

 ___

 * - I think it's supposed to be some sort of embassy, but more useless?
 ** - I kinda did, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't marked as an absentee and also lost weight by doing exercise. Win-Win

No comments:

Post a Comment