Friday 30 September 2016

Pixel flop

 Today is Friday, the first day according to my inclusive definition of a weekend in which I have ample time to make pixel art which I may not use to the fullest potential for reasons within and outside my control.

 But this time I was really set on making a drawing and not blowing away this weekend like I did with others. I had a picture of a 1800s-looking army defiling under a symbolic, small Triumphal Arc, idea that took root in light of my recently finished EU4 Byzantium/Rome playthrough.

 And this was all the progress I could make in an hour:

MSpaint refuses to let me resize this without skewing the shape of the pixels and I'm not resizing it in GIMP because I still plan on finishing this.


 I had a lot of trouble with the small enclosures at the base of the arc which are meant to surround some flower patches should have been round but I couldn't bring myself to make them look curved from that angle and the march leader's pants were a nightmare to give some passable proportions.

 I should really pick up on the hint that art is not for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment