Thursday 10 November 2016

If you don't respond to this post your teacher will ruin your life


 Memes got me into trouble today.

 It was English class, and my class was having a course on verbs. I was bored, and remembering a smoldering, searing, scathing hot meme that has become popular on websites I browse - "If you don't reply to this post your mother will die in her sleep tonight" (Which is in league with "Really makes you think" and "Wtf I hate X now") - I decide that I'm going to make this meme a reality.


 I write a square of "If you don't reply to this post your mother will die in her sleep tonight" in the corner of a torn textbook page and fold it many times over and I was too impatient to pass it on to my weaboo benchmate before my form teacher stopped paying attention to me after asking a question or adding something to what she said - I can't recall exactly. The handing was pretty overt and she intercepted it. She unfolds the paper and it seemed like she read all of its contents without too much of an outraged response. I start laughing hysterically, calm down, and then she takes the paper again and categorically reads the contents in their entirety this time around. She tells me she is going to phone my mother, and after some facetious insisting for her to not do it, she tells me she will postpone the phone call until tomorrow.

 I tried to explain that it was a joke on a site I browse, and my weaboo classmate, having a vendetta because I announced our Romanian teacher that my classmate brought some poetry of his as per his suggestion and the teacher's reception of said proposal, even though he was rectulant to offer them. He names the website 4chan and tries describing it in as much detail as he can, which was just a little. I really hope she doesn't end up searching it up, because then I'm really toast.

 Later today we had some sort of party/gathering/assembly in our classroom where words were exchanged, some takeout was eaten and it was concluded by a small event where each student, if present, and one of his parents, if present talked about their selves and children respectively. Apprehensive, I made sure my mother didn't come with me, and have succesfully blended in with the collective despite the stark contrast of mentality/personality I'd say there is between me and it.

 Also one of the moms remarked that I lost weight and said that this frame suits me much better.


Smug levels: Overdrive
 I try to query teacher on whether she still wants to call my mother tomorrow, maybe hoping that this was just a threat supposed to make me behave. She seemed set on it. I ask if my joke was really that incendiary, and she told me that while it might be normal for me she'll see what my mother thinks.

 In reprisal, I go on the computer that was in the classroom, which might have been the teacher's personal belonging, not the school's (This would make what follows even better). I briskly make a notepad document entitled "pepe was here" and in it I type "If you don't reply to this post your mother will die in her sleep tonight". The shortcut to it was placed so that it was really easy to spot. Wonder what she'll think and if I only aggravated my situation.



No comments:

Post a Comment