Thursday 17 November 2016

Penance


Over 4.1 Tetrahedraheptallion hours went into the concotion of this picture
  I should be less lazy with updating my blog. I've finally been granted half of my due funds for my birthday and put them to good use. That use requires some backstory.

  I have a Facebook account, because using the website is essential with keeping in touch in this country, and helps me with soliciting certain bits of information regarding the deadlines for various projects from my classmates. I also use it to post the most bizarre, esoteric memes I find on the internet for no motivation beyond me liking it. As I am trying to post some of the soaked memes I meant to, I am intrerrupted by a student in the school I used to study alongside for the last year's English olympiad. We make some small talk, and since I didn't see a better use of my time, I don't try to shut down the conversation as I normally would.

It occupied a good slice of time, and at some point we reach the subject of our daily transport to school. He lives at somewhat of a distance from the school and has to take the bus there daily, while I admitted that my family uses the taxi to go to the city centre. Which, for this city, isn't something outrageously costly, but it's not something the below-average person can afford. I felt very guilty about mentioning this to a less-than-privileged person. To make amends, my neurons really fired up and decided that since I had the spare money, felt the lack of somebody to play games with, and I had to redeem myself, I offer to buy him a game we two can play together, on condition that two copies of it don't exceed 30 euros*.

 He was absolutely ecstatic about this, tells me he didn't take offence, and that he has classmates that talk aboast their wealth instead of passively mentioning it. Shows how low the standard for this country is.

 I start seeing what game I could buy for the two of us by browsing the Steam store, and eventualyl come upon Castle Crashers. I suggest him I buy it, he agrees, and a few days later when I manage to get the paysafecard for it I buy it for the both of us.

 We managed to play it today, and were off to a bumpy start as I leveled my character to 12 and he achieved just 7 before playing cooperatively, but we coordinated ourselves just enough to shrink the gap between us by the end of the session. I gave him some tips and tricks on how to balance his gameplay from the little experience I've had and going by his input on the discord server we've made to chat on he's had a blast as much as I have. And it doesn't seem like I have reason to believe otherwise.

 It's a platitude, but it really doesn't feel like they make games with a personality like this anymore. It has all the low-brow humor and memes of the late 2000s internet era**, an amazing selection of synthetizer/newgrounds audio portal songs and a disparate lack of no discernible or actual social commentary. Just fun.

  This should conclude my solitary one-year-plus streak of not having friends. I've gifted this person a game and talk with him regularly now, it's not as if I can prevaricate about our friendship like I did with my weaboo "acquaintance".

 FeelsMagnanimousMan.
___

 * - I could've afforded 50 and above too but I'm a rapacious bougie brat.
 ** - We have Trump, Pepe and Wojak now so it's not absolutely bleak I suppose

No comments:

Post a Comment