Friday 11 November 2016

 Looks like my sweet tooth for memes has caught up with me. Today I had a psychology test handed to me with a 3/10 grade on it, and honestly I won't contest the grade. I never rehearse lessons at home and psychology also happens to be one of the classes where I don't pay attention to the lectures either beyond absent-mindedly writing down what the teacher dictates. And I'd gotten used to the low standards of other teachers when it came to tests. It doesn't complement my other 4/10 well either. I need to get a 7/10 to get myself out of this failing state or I might even end up in retention if worst comes to worst. Not fun.

 I was also notified only yesterday that today, for Romanian class, we were supposed to hand in an essay on the story we've been having lectures on thus far and a book report on the text we were meant to move on to after being done with this. In anticipation I lied to my teacher that my papers are written but forgotten at home as the students that haven't finished their work announce themselves. I think the worst I'll suffer from this is one point detracted from my grade if she requests I read my work aloud in class.

 On the house we were assigned ANOTHER essay for the weekend, which put me at 3 essays due for three days. This should be normal for somebody in University, but for me, someone that doesn't really get much homework from school (Correction: I only do the homework I can't get away with skipping. Which is a little.). It seemed really daunting, but I knew that if I didn't start working on them today because the task was too daunting of a prospect I wouldn't when I had to write three compositions in two days. So I wrote one. Which is a performance. Hooray me?

 We were supposed to write on the means of character development concerning the growth of the main character. I ended up writing a whole large paragraph about class conflict, which in retrospect I can claim to have written as a very sophisticated joke. This is a feature of mine - Do something stupid and say you were only doing it as a joke. I call it "ulterior irony".

 I also broke it to my mother about the "If you don't reply to this post your mother will die in her sleep tonight" incident. She wasn't angry about it for the moment, but I'm sure she'll keep it stored somewhere in her head and act all outraged about it when it's convenient*. Teacher didn't even seem to have planned on calling her, it's almost 18:00 and no sign of her attempting contact. Shoot myself in the foot.

___

 * - tfw no mentally healthy parents who won't use me as psychological stress relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment