Monday 28 November 2016

TOO MUCH FUN

 (This post contains virulent amounts of autism, even in comparison to this blog. Beware.)

 Drumpf... did it. He opened the floodgates of fun that have been shut as the fun drought cracked the earth.

 Anime is great again and I finally feel an impulse to watch some old shows along with the new ones being released. I feel like trying out RuneScape again. An encounter with my weaboo friedn convinced me to at least want to get Pokemon Sun and Moon. The Steam Autumn sale has begun and I managed to quckly get some advice from anons about what games from my wishlist I should get because I don't have the money to buy them all*. I think I'll settle for Distant Worlds: Universe, which is 27 euros and some cents... which is 127 of the local currency. Pokemon would cost 200 slavbux. I don't think I would have the money left to also get Runesacape membership, which is a priority.

 Really gets the noggin jogging. I've already made notable progress on my Grindscape account and I think the following days off would be a perfect opportunity to grind more as I watch anime or listen to something. Which leaves me the choice between DWU or SnM. I have a 2DS (The house had two before my little brother broke one of them**), so requiring to buy myself a new console isn't an argument against the game. DWU is what Stellaris was meant to but will never be, with much more room for roleplaying and customization.

 Hmm...

 Hmm...


 I've made my decision tbh. The furries got to my brain before the good influences did. The pokebank is dirt cheap too so I can transfer some level 100 mons from Black and White 2 to my new save.

  Returning to that encounter with my weaboo friend, he told me that one day he should take me to a mall in the city so he could recommend me some smartphones that are on sale (I still have a cellular). Since I, as per my daily routine, had nothing better to do, I obliged and we went to the mall today. He goes to a game retailer which he had asked about their stock of Sun and Moon before our travel, and the cashier said they haven't recieved it yet. We surveyed some phones in different electronics stores but I was too polite to tell him that the phones didn't really serve a function which I needed that my phone can't. In the same mall we went to a book retailer which, as my friend had shown me, had a manga section I wasn't aware of. He tries to show me some and edifies me about them a bit, indicates that I watch Attack on Titan of all animes I have yet to see, and then we leave the store to go to a sort of integrated supermarket.

But he gets a call from his father whom tells him he can meet him at the mall, and he comes shortly after, making us have to leave the supermarket. Not that we had much to do there. He offered to buy me and him a meal, and since I didn't want to be that much of a financial demand I just ordered the first thing that came to my mind when McD's was the closest restaurant to me when we took a seat in the food court (A big mac). They ordered some courses for themselves and after finishing, me and my friend frequented the retailer waiting for the game to come in at the new time frame the cashier gave us. As we waited for it I start to get interested about the new game (I've had some (at points unpleasant) experience with the series with Black and White 2), and it sounded interesting enough. A change from the games I played at least. After finding out how affordable Pokemon transfer is I decide the game is worth a shot and that I might try getting it as well.

 The time when the game was supposed to be delivered finally came, but the employee that delivered the shipment of games didn't bring Sun and Moon to the botique. My friend already had something in his schelude which prevented him from waiting further so we exchanged goodbyes and dispersed.

 Then I returned home. Pretty late. But I'd have wasted this day on the internet otherwise and now I'm interested in a game that could serve as a social experience (I didn't forget about my Crashing Comrade tho).

 Also tomorrow I have my Latin final for the semester.

 M E T U S





___

 * - Notice a pattern? These are all autistic games. Either too juvenile or convoluted, repetitive, or involve numbers or sliders of sorts. The fact that I am privileged enough to be able to purchase even half of this wishlist with my birthday money is pretty distressing.
 ** - It hurts to type.

No comments:

Post a Comment