Sunday 12 June 2016

Dark confessions

 Screw it, there's no time to beat around the bush here.

 For short: I just started doing drugs.

 I know, I know, very surprising coming from a "good kid" like me. Not only that, but I've had some unwitting exposure to this drug throughout my childhood (a fact I only found out yesterday - this was a worse neighbourhood than I though) and the dose I took last day is sure to get me addicted. I'm already feeling the withdrawal symptoms.

 Google gives me no cure for the thing and I should be dead within the year due to how potent it is but I'll post a picture of it here anyways:



You didn't actually think I would voluntarily start doing drugs, would you? That's for normies.

 Runescape is classified as an "MMO" by its developers, although it could more accurately be defined as a "Experience grinding simulator". Quests and moneymaking are only secondary to the absurd amounts of time a player will invest in grinding his skills.

 I used to play this very intermittently when I was a kid (My younger self having such a tenuous grasp on computers and English that I had to quit the game for one year because I didn't understand the tutorial). But I did procure myself an Armadyl (Goody two shoes deity of benevolence and etc.) armor from an event, which is (one of) the strongest armor free-to-play users can ever home to get their dirty peasant hands on.

 It sounds exciting, but unless you're on the autism spectrum you won't be frequenting this game for too long. Fortunately for me, I am!

 Last night only I spent half an hour mining iron and depositing it in my bank account to sell it, when I searched up methods to make fast f2p mining XP in the game just to make sure that iron mining was still the best. I found out that there are these "urn" items that get filled gradually as you get XP in their assigned skill and granting you a bonus when filled, but you can only buy inactive urns from the Grand Exchange (A huge market where you can buy from other players). To activate the urn I got I had to mine, water, mold and fire clay to make bowls and make armors out of cow hide to get to the crafting level necessary to use a rune to activate the urn so I could go back to mining and get some bonus experience. It sounds complicated, but it's really easy once you get the hang of it.

 It sounds painful to play a grinding simulator like this, but I do listen to stuff in the background as I'm doing this, so it's not that bad.

My character in his natural habitat. The game looks old, but that's more or less the point.


No comments:

Post a Comment