Tuesday 28 June 2016

Quest for the Set: Days 1 and 2

 As I finish planting my last willow tree in my favourite time sink "Skinner Box Simulator 2016: Fantasy Pack" also referred to as "RuneScape" I conclude that I have put sufficient effort in my endeavor to recover a valuable armor set that I lost out of blind faith in my imaginary character's ability to face green dragons in a wasteland.

 I spent two days doing many things -  But first I'll recapitulate my original objective: I intended to level my construction skill to level 34 in order to be able to start a quest which would enable me to build clockwork penguins in the player house's workshop - To be used for levelling my agility skill to level 60 so as to push a boulder that is blocking the player's way to a dungeon that houses enemies which have a chance to drop the armor pieces I'm missing. That, reader, is the magic of GrindScape.

 In the first day of this excellent adventure I successfully increased my construction level and began the quest. As it was getting late, however, I postponed beginning the quest for today (Technically yesterday, as I'm writing this past midnight, but the point gets across).

 After helping a notably paranoid scientist with an expedition towards the setting's equivalent of the arctic to help him uncover what he thought would be the nefarious plans of some penguins, I unlocked the ability to construct clockwork penguins that were intended for luring some penguins to progress in the quest. They've turned out more effective for grinding agility as you can get experience fairly quickly by continuously winding them up, releasing and then catching them, and I repeatedly did this pretty menial task with a small army of clockwork penguins until I got myself to level 43 in agility.

 Any respectable player of this game is probably going to suspect the claims in this story because there's no way a player could be this inefficient at grinding that he could only get to level 43 in agility by grinding clockwork penguins all day - and they'd be correct. I went a bit off-track and trained my thieving skill at the times when I grew bored of clicking virtual penguins for virtual experience.

And onward to level 60 agility, the quest continues.

***

 Damn I sounded pretentious in this post. I think this is what staying up late does to me. Definitely seems like something worth experimenting with.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment