Friday 10 June 2016

GET <}~-=]HYP[=-~{>

 Very recently a new indie short-story magazine has come to my attention when the editors decided to not-so-subtly advertise on a board of a particular anonymous imageboard I'm fond of. All the details are on the website and succinctly put. The essentials are that I can send these guys a story, have it published and get paid in case this happens.

 This is really exciting, partly because this will be the decisive judge in whether I'm good at writing and should further pursue this ... occupation?

 Acknowledging that I will have to take this seriously I will commence reading my word box like a prayerbook periodically in hopes of memorizing all the words piled in there by the time I should start writing that story. The good news there's still a few months until the first issue gets published which should suffice for fulfilling this objective.

 As good luck would have it just before discovering this I finished reading a PDF of Phillip K. Dick's Ubik - a story which starts off slowly but soon picks up the pace to a wild rollercoaster ride before stopping abruptly and killing you from the internal damage caused by inertia. I don't regret reading it at all - It's inflated my wordbox quite a bit, whether that's good or not is up for debate.

 And that was all I had to say for now. Don't mind me, I'm off to get hyp for the possible milestone in my literary attempts*.



___

 * - I'm sensing some Dunning-Kruger effect around here

No comments:

Post a Comment