Tuesday 16 August 2016

No end to the darkness.

 Two days ago* mom decided to confront me about my attempts at weight loss that she deemed nocive. She went on asking why I felt I had no control over my life - Supposedly because anorexic people can be subconsciously motivated to deliberately malnourish themselves over a feeling of loss of control. I neither feel a lack of control (Or, I do, but not in the way she would define it) and nor am I anorexic.

 She is adamant that I've lost too much weight, when in fact I can't even confidently estimate a non-negligible amount of kilos I've burned. My stomach still rests over the belt, so to speak, thus I don't think eating well under the 2000 calorie mark would do me any harm.

 She threatened that she will put a moratorium on my computer usage if I don't start eating normally, and I've considered that I'd rather stick to my only outlet of escapism than sustain a decent silhouette. Nonetheless I've managed to keep both by lying about how much I actually eat.

 After being mildly infuriated at me she reverted to being more than willing to answer my every whim the next day. This is simply how things work in the family. Sometimes I take advantage of her disconnected attachment to me, but oftentimes I just try to not make contact.

 One gradually gets used to this lifestyle.

 In other news, I've just gotten my crusader to level 70 in Diablo. Kind of pales in comparison to the family tension I've experienced, but one has to look at the bright side of life at times like this.
___

 * - Too lazy to have written about this earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment