Monday 22 August 2016

The trip to the city, hope dies alone and cyber outlawship

 Looking back at it, the trip to the neighbouring city wasn't that bad. It started off pretty badly with me being extremely tired after getting only four hours of sleep.


 The bus the family took to it wasn't exactly the best either, but it got us there safely and without injury. I didn't manage to watch that much of the scenery on arrival or return as I tried placing my head against a soft surface that didn't shake too intensively to get some rest.

 We then spent the day at a local landmark which I won't describe in detail because of paranoid reasons stated prior to this post. Unfortunately, the event which mother wanted to see (Which was basically cannons being stuffed with a few handfuls of gunpowder and then fired) actually took place the day before we visited the city, much to her distraught.

 I got home with time to spare before the memeball* started, but it was - Not exactly disappointing. It was definitely spectacular, but not in the way I anticipated or one that leaves me conventionally satisfied.

 One of the main players in the "memeball" cup was the /mlp/ board. It had already gotten in the semifinals, and its first opponents were the mecha board. Well, at this point /mlp/ was the antagonist of this cup by grace of being, well, about friendship and ponies. It's also one of the most notoriously powerful teams in the cup, having each kick done by the anthropomorphic fiends be vouched for by a small battalion of obsessive playtesters. At this point it had already defeated two relatively beloved boards.

 A team of mechanical robots pitted against a more powerful entity of seemingly insurmountable force? Sounds like some Protomen is due.


 The game indicated it would be a draw until /mlp/ scored a final goal in the last. Minute.

 The host of this stream was in jaw-dropping shock when hit by the realization of what happened and became genuinely distressed about /mlp/ winning the cup. This being because he has admitted to liking the show long in the past (we're talking maybe more than half a year), and that exactly one year ago, in the first cup I watched**, /mlp/ also won - Some people thought that the two tie in together and that the host rigged the game to the point it's become a running gag and even the wiki is eponymous of this meme. But the memes turned serious this cup.

 Apparently /mlp/ had been allowed to use some formations that were not licit in the grounds of this cup, but I believe this was done purely out of mistake and not ill intent.

 Well, the host admits that he will have to resign if /mlp/ wins because people will have more than enough reason to believe that he's deliberately abused the cup's algorithms in favor of the pony board.

 Next up came the final, against /o/ - a board whose purport is the discussion of cars, and an underdog team that has cleared its way to this point. Hope was riding, alone, but not in the way we initially thought! Meme magic!

 Hope died alone. /mlp/ won.

 The manager was more quiet than usual and let the co-host and team managers discuss the result. When he did talk I swear I've heard a couple stifled sobs throughout the entire conversation. Still, this was not the last of the cup. Being one of the elite cups (the other occuring during winter), the winning team gets to fight a "final boss" in a gag level where all players are replaced by models that do not belong in the game but retain a theme. Space in this case. Since the stream's already stretched past 3:00 AM and I had little sleep beforehand I closed it and went to sleep out of fear of dying from sleep deprivation. The fears were probably exaggerated but me not postponing sleep any further was of no hazard.

 Come morning I check the general concerning this event on 4chan to see that the other commentators talked the host out of killing himself (That is memespeak for resigning as cup manager).

 The last thing crazy thing that's happened was that, shortly before starting to write this post, I go on a very *h*o*t* ~s~p~i~c~y~ funposting spree on a thread on 4Han. The mod or janitor that caught me first deemed it worthy of a 6-day ban (Don't ask what I did. If it's of any relief it wasn't illegal).

 The good news about this is that I finally know what a VPN and a proxy are and what distinguishes the two. The bad is that I've not yet managed to circumvent this ban with either. My only two options are going dry of memes for almost a week or doubling the chan for half the discussion opportunities. Pretty constrained. Bad 2 the bone tbbbbbh.

 I'll probably stop being lazy and check more than 8 proxy sites tomorrow, though.
___

 * - I hold doubts that I've actually explained what this all is about. Simply put, teams representing various boards (subsections) of the website 4chan vie for the highest position in seasonal football tournaments. The games are allegedly broadcasted in real time but many skeptics claim that the footage is pre-recorded. You'll see what I mean a little later in what of the post is above the header.

 ** - I still have vague memories of an agitated me asking where the stream was located in the /tg/ thread advertising the match they would participate in for the day. It's been a year since then. I used to be 13.

Now onwards things are only going to get worse and my perception of time will only scramble further.








No comments:

Post a Comment