Saturday 13 August 2016

Rused by porky


 I was recently overtaken by the desire for some more grindy fun, but I was sick to the core of Runescape's insane XP curve and the developer's completely delusional updating vision (Thinking that adding even more of a grind instead of creating interest for new users to start playing). So I thought about what other, somewhat less grindy MMO (kind of an understatement concerning other MMO's in comparison to RS) I could start (Though I've not permanently quit RS).

 Then I remembered that I owned and still do Diablo III - But quit long ago because I did not own the expansion - Reaper of Souls - and it did not seem available in any nearby retailer (This was before I began using paysafes for my games). Because slaughtering demons as a shining knight sounds just right down my alley and the game community appeared to be still in full force, I thought I could as well buy it and join the fun.

 And this is where a rollercoaster of 1st (2nd?) world problems begins. Converting the price of Reaper of Souls to slavbux yielded a price of about 70 - Too lazy to do the conversion again. I had 44 slavbux left over from my last card, so I decided that a 50 slavbux card would suffice and I could keep the rest of the money for later use*. Then comes the first first world problem - All the leisure money my parents had to give me was in the form of at least a 100 slavbuk bill. So I go outside (sp00ky), take the bus to the nearest store that has a card-vending machines, get my card and walk back home, burning a few calories in the progress**.

 Then I found out that Blizzard only accepts credit card or PayPal money. I desperately looked around for other sites that could sell me the game using the card but all I find were either extremely sketchy, required unnecessary amounts of personal information or didn't accept PaySafe. The one site that could theoretically accept a PaySafe payment for it doesn't have the expansion in stock. I give in and give PayPal my address and all that, to subsequently find out that they don't directly accept those cards either and I can only transfer the money indirectly through a method that has better chances of me walking into a scam than seeing my money well-delivered.


Are you frustrated?

 It's partly my fault for not informing myself more about the product I was about my purchase, but how was I going to expect one of the largest gaming companies out there and the largest money exchange mediator on the internet respectively to not accept such a popular and widespread method of payment?

 Now I have about 140 slavbux worth of codes unspent and might just have to spend another 50 to get a physical copy of the game*** while there are Indian people out there that literally defecate on the streets for lack of toilets. I guess I'm just as bad as Porky deep down inside.

___

 * - Not exactly the most responsible way of spending money, I'm aware.
 ** - I caught up nicely with the excess thousand I've consumed shortly before my last post. I've mysteriously gotten skinnier despite not having gone through the three days necessary to burn all those calories undergoing my current diet.
 *** - One might ask why I didn't just buy the physical copy in the first place, considering it's also cheaper. It's because the retailer is located in a mall literally on the other side of the city and the ticket prices for taking the bus there add up to it being nearly the same price as buying online.

No comments:

Post a Comment