Saturday 20 August 2016

THERE MUST BE AN END TO THE DARKNESS


 Two days ago I achieved level 100 Paragon on my seasonal character in D3. Yesterday I got to 150 and beyond.

Pretend the clipping isn't there. Pls.


 That's about where the good news ends.

 A good while ago on this blog I said that my mother wanted to have the entire family go out in the town together for no apparent reason. I wasn't being fully truthful - She wants me to have done at least one memorable thing this summer of largely isolating myself to play on the computer with the intermittent walk every odd day. She's been increasingly eager to goad me into going out for walks with her.

 And I think I've sealed my fate in one such stroll. In one of her more high-functioning moments of wanting me to go out on a trip with us two and my father I asked her if we could meet up at a restaurant placed in the outskirts of the city, which she used to have me eat at back when we still lived in an apartment in the city centre* (Which was years ago).

 We take the bus which used to drop the transiters near the establishment to find out that it had changed courses, and we're dropped out at an entirely different part of the town's outskirts, at the end of the bus' course. We had 10 minutes to do anything before it would start again, which I spent walking around and admiring the scenery of the area which consisted mostly of wooded ridges fading into the distance** which seem to be ominpresent this part of the country - And it happened to bring back memories of me on the train to various destinations in each summer up to but excluding this one. Not sure why, but it did make me feel melancholy.

 Having my guard down, and knowing that she mentioned visiting a particular city prior to this moment, I asked her when would be the closest opportunity to take the train somewhere. A pretty dumb qustion because trains aren't exactly too affordable even for my family, especially when you want to ride them without paying the destination too much mind, but I'm not exactly a bard when it comes to striking up in-person conversation; I also tell her the why of this.

 She tells me that trains are often delayed from reaching their destination and that I've got more scenery to see on a bus anyways - Can't argue with that.

 Except that the thirst for exploring scenery thought that the ridges were too pretty a place to pass up rpaming through and left me with a mother that now wants me out of town, tomorrow no less, but fortunately enough to be only adequately short of time to be home in time for the final rounds of memeball. This doesn't bother me as much as the fact that I'll only get four and a half hours of sleep if I am to both watch all matches of autistic divegrass livestreamed today and reach the city in time to watch a ceremony mother very much wants to witness in person***.

 Quite the conflict of interest. But I value my memeball more than my braincells (actually typing as I watch it). So be it.

 It's a pretty comfy city, so it might not be all horrible if we spend the better part of a day there. Provided mother doesn't get hysterical over some thing I have no control over again.
___

 * - I'd trade in my current petit bourgeoisie situation for my ideal life of working as a translator and living in a cramped apartment doing nothing but spending my leisure time on the computer any time of the day tbbfh, in case somebody thinks I'm a spoiled brat (Said person wouldn't be wrong. My mother has two personalities - Absolutely devoted, overprotective and eager to indulge me and suspicious and volatile).
 ** - Though common, these ridges actually stir a sense of adventure in me and I feel the need to escalate them and at least see what's on the other side if not go beyond. Not much time for actually getting around to that when you have a mother that's commonly paranoid about alien hobos from Uranus coming to cut you up and take your organs if you go outdoors, games to grind and memes to meme :^).
 *** - I'm being this vague because one day, in an alternate quantum dimension where Trump is appointed POTUS and other memes come to life, I might find myself overtaken by HIGH ENERGY and proceed to pull my head free of my hindquarters and maybe become a mildly acclaimed and controversial genre fiction author. In that case I'd like to give the people that want to doxx me a fun challenge instead of handing them my person on a platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment