Monday 17 October 2016

 I really don't feel like doing anything today. Functionally nothing. I opened up Stellaris and tried playing it as I listened to a second part of a podcast about the history of Rome. After 14 minutes of the podcast I just couldn't keep paying attention and I closed the game because I didn't feel stimulated by it at all. I don't even feel like opening any of the others either.

 I get into my bed and snuggle in a blanket I have and stay still for a while. As I sink lower into the mattress I cognize the fact that I should really try to do something, so I linger there a bit before going downstairs and getting my English books to do a homework I vaguely remember being assigned to us last class. I get in bed again, open my textbook, and flip the pages until the most recently written one to see that I need to browse the internet to finish this homework (Which, more exactly, was to write about a contemporary explorer and cite three different valid sources.)

 I gave up for the time being and remained in bed and shortly inspiration smacks me with the idea of doing this homework with the catch of sprinkling some of my characteristic cynical snark on it as I do so. Maybe write about some explorer that died tragically.



 ...I get on the computer and spend my time writing this post with occasional breaks where I do absolutely nothing that can be considered mindful browsing - It's more akin to just opening and then closing tabs you're not interested in anymore. I'm still going to have to do this homework because I did get stricken with another 3/10 for skipping homework hitherto.

 Something else I wanted to write about is that my birthday, which is on November 9th, is fast approaching. Just in time to see Trump lose. I puked the day I turned 14, I get to see a presidential candidate that won't embroil his nation with a rival that neighbours mine fail to acquire tenure when I turn 15 and at this rate it'll escalate to me getting hit by a truck when I turn 16.

 Is this how it ends?

No comments:

Post a Comment