Sunday 16 October 2016

Turning over an old leaf

 So here I am at the end of a weekend I've spent doing nothing worth mentioning and writing a blog post grumbling about it

 Really lost control of my life. And as a person with a negligible modicum of sanity left I'm not content with thereof amount of control that still presides over my life. Which is an issue I have to address.

 I've placed a lid on pixel art and even after reconsidering my decision to give it up I am vehement that it's best to keep Pandora's Box sealed. Yet the desire to do something good which I can take credit for remains, and there is a recourse I've set aside for a good time now.

 As much as my previous writing didn't bespeak quality, I really have to do something unless I want to snap. There or nowhere. Begs the question if the latter doesn't deserve more consideration.

 But for now I incline for the former, and that's not the worst of it - The most I am inspired to write at this point is somewhat of a self-insert story.


  I've not even decided on the details yet. What is guaranteed is me timorously and obsessively placing warnings that the story will be cringy at the beginning, end and description of the piece if I decide to display it on some website. And instead of a power-trip story lacking in self-awareness like My Immortal it will be brimming with jabs at my person, and I as a protagonist will be either a loser, explicitly the villain, or both, and I will execute this in a heavy-handed manner that will invoke no amusement in the average reader. To the more educated skimmer it will become evident that the joke lies not in the work but the existence of the author's person itself.

 I sustain some semblance of hope that this will be cathartic, in the least.

 I'd ask myself where did everyhting go so wrong.

 But English ain't gonna learn itself.






No comments:

Post a Comment